A client recently installed a Pentair ScreenLogic2 system to control their fountain. It was having an issue where the Ethernet cable tested fine, and connecting a laptop pulled a DHCP address. When the cable was plugged into the protocol adapter the link lights would remain dark on both the switch and Pentair device.
Interestingly it worked fine with a small 5-port switch connected between the two. Eventually I found the Brocade switch port must be set to speed-duplex 10-full.
After that the link became active.
Contacts had been moved over via Android > iPhone transfer tool, but were partially lost after iOS automatically upgraded overnight.
There was a mix of some contacts present in Google Account but many were showing as phone number only in Messages.
Exported the vCard file from the old Android phone, attached it to an email, opened the email on the phone and imported/merged the contacts. Everything looked correct in the Phone/Contacts app, but several groups and individual texts in Messages wereÂ associated with the wrong contacts.
- Go to Settings->Messages
- Scroll down to the header SMS/MMS
- Uncheck “MMS Messaging”
- Restart iPhone
- Go back to “MMS Messaging” and turn it on
ios sms groups incorrect contacts fix
Opened up Messages again and group messages instantly updated to the correct people and numbers.
Thanks to this page for the fix: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/232176/iphone-6s-not-displaying-names-on-text-messages
Here is the upgrade procedure for HA Pair:
1. Disable Sync at Slave (unit #2) unit
2. Remove Slave (unit #2) unit from network
3. Upgrade Slave (unit #2) to new firmware
4. Re-connect Slave (unit #2) unit to network
5. Remove Master (unit #1) from network
6. Upgrade Master (unit #1) to new firmware
7. Re-connect Master (unit #1) back to network
8. Enable Sync at Slave (unit #2)
Replacing your rear hatch strut supports requires only a flat head screw driver.
Simply pry off the metal clips, and snap the new part onto the knobs.
After recording videos with an Installous version of Cockpit Recorder, I decided I was ready to purchase the export option.
I backed up all of the videos to my local machine, deleted the app, installed the App Store version, and did the in-app export purchase.
After I moved the videos back the app recognized the videos, but crashed when attempting to export.
The videos are stored in /var/mobile/Applications/randomnumbersandletters(folder with CockpitRecorder.app)/Documents/Videos
The videos were all owned by root:mobile
Within that directory I did:
chown -R mobile:mobile .
After that I was able to export videos.Â I’m still unable to record new videos.Â I think it may be related to the GeneralData.plist file.Â I’ll update this when I figure it out, or comment here with the answer and I’ll update the post.
For the past two days Skype has been stuck since I tried to remove it from my iPhone 3.1.2 with jailbreak.Â Usually plugging the phone into the computer and letting it sync with iTunes would resolve this issue but for some reason it kept disconnecting right near the end of the sync process.
I then ssh into my phone and checked the /Applications folder but couldn’t find Skype.app listed there.Â I then looked in /var/mobile/Applications which is a bunch of folders with strings like 71A7E798-AAB8-4D3F-95B6-326E185FC25A.
Rather than spending the next 20 minutes using the CLI to browse these folders I fired up FileZilla to sftp into my phone, and browsed to /var/mobile/Applications and used the nice GUI to look through each folder.
All of the functional apps contained
I eventually found a few of the folders to only contain the following subfolders:
Like any reasonable person I tried to backup the “71A7E798-AAB8-4D3F-95B6-326E185FC25A” style folders before deleting by moving to my local PC but that wasn’t working for some reason.Â I still recommend trying it in case you mess anything up.
I removed the ones I found containing only documents, library, and tmp.Â I then rebooted my phone and uncle paused Skype was gone.Â Magic-ish.
I just ate cinnamon toast crunch with hemp milk.Â That is all.
I got this list from Websense Tech Support:
Shutdown the Websense services in this order:
“Websense Usage Monitor”
“Websense Reporter Scheduler”
“Websense Log Server”
“Websense Information Service for Explorer”
“Websense Explorer Report Scheduler”
“Websense Logon Agent”
“Websense DC Agent”
“Websense Network Agent”
“Websense Filtering Service”
“Websense User Service”
“Websense Policy Server”
“Websense Policy Broker”
“Websense Policy Database”
Restart in the opposite order.
My grandfather found this in a bag of Herr’s potato chips today.Â At first I thought some bread or a cookie had fallen in the bag.Â But after a quick smell test, it is indeed some freakish form of potato.
Photo credit amandoo
Bidding starts at $25.